Powder Perfect Egyptology Series: Part 1 The Lower Kingdom Collection - Swatches & Review

Sunday 22 February 2015


Powder Perfect recently released part one of their Egyptology series - The Lower Kingdom Collection.  These are a new addition to my collection so I thought it would be a great time to swatch and review them (especially since the sunshine has decided to come out and play).

The collection is made up of five gorgeous limited edition shades.  The formulas in each of the polishes are consistent - they are slightly on the thicker side but are really easy to work with.  They apply evenly and don't require any dabbing.  For each of my swatches I used two coats and then two coats of top coat (with the exception of The Cobra Goddess - I only used one coat of top coat) to give a nice smooth finish.

Bay Of Alexandria is described as a shimmering teal microglitter polish with flashes of aqua and pale green.  It's super pretty and very sparkly.  I absolutely love it.

Picture taken in lightbox

Picture taken in direct sunlight


Deshret is described as a mysterious polish that flashes and sparkles from its deep burgundy depths.  This one dries really textured and actually looks really good without the top coat (I wish I had taken a pic without top coat).  Top coat gives it a whole new look.

Picture taken in lightbox

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Inundation is described as a glittering black polish with bright flashes of holographic glitters.  This is one of those polishes that I think that everyone should have as a staple in their collections. 

Picture taken in lightbox

Picture taken in direct sunlight

'Iteru' The River is described as a multifaceted navy polish with sparks of green and purple.  This is my absolute favorite from this collection.  It is absolutely stunning.

Picture taken in lightbox

Picture taken in direct sunlight

The Cobra Goddess is described as a bright shimmering purple holographic microglitter.  Super pretty and so sparkly.

Picture taken in lightbox

Picture taken in direct sunlight
This is such a beautiful and sparkly collection.  I am so glad that I got it.  My favorites are definitely 'Iteru' The River and Bay Of Alexandria.  I can't wait to see what the second part of this series will bring.

These polishes are all limited edition and are still available for purchase at Powder Perfect for $10 each or you can grab the whole collection for $45.



  

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful swatches! I'm madly in love with Bay of Alexandria! Are they hard to remove glitters?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire. I didn't find them any harder to remove than any other glitter polishes. They aren't super fine glitters so don't stick as easily.

      Delete